October 30, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

The following recipe is a family favourite. The recipe makes a large batch...the amount actually depends on the size of the cookies you make.

I use a small ice cream scoop (close to the size of a melon baller). I spray the inside with cooking spray so the dough doesn't stick (I have to re-spray from time to time). Using the scoop keeps the cookies uniform shape and makes them very pretty. I have been known to put the 'balls' of dough on a cookie sheet (covered with baking paper) then into the freezer. When the dough is frozen I then transfer it to a zip lock freezer bag and then back into the freezer. Now I can pull out however many cookies I want to make at a time and have some on hand for next time. Of course my kids loved to just eat the cookie dough straight from the freezer so they didn't last very long there either.

The cookies spread so leave about 1 1/2 inches between them. If you have any questions go ahead and ask in the comment box.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cream together:

1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
1 lb margarine (500g)
3 eggs
1 1/2 TBL vanilla

Add:

6 cups Plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking SODA (bi-carb soda)
1 1/2 tsp salt

Mix well. Then add packet of choc chips...white or brown. White goes well with chopped macadamia nuts.

(At this point I cover the dough and place it in the fridge for a few hours just to firm it up a bit. It's easier to work with when it's not 'gooey'.)

Cook at 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees F) for 10 mins.

No comments: