October 14, 2008

Pizza

When I make pizza I cheat and use slices of bread. I simply butter one side and put it on the baking tray buttered side down. Then I spread with tomato paste and add the toppings as per normal. Last Saturday I thought I would give a new recipe for pizza dough a go. It worked like a charm. It was EASY, which is always important to me, and quick....which is another plus.

Here's the recipe I used:

Pizza Dough

SUBMITTED BY: Gudny Bjorg Kjaerbo

"This one is a quick recipe that merely involves mixing a few basic ingredients and patting the dough into the pan. No need to wait for the dough to rise with this approach."


PREP TIME 10 Min
COOK TIME 25 Min
READY IN 35 Min
Original recipe yield 1 pizza

INGREDIENTS

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 package active dry yeast (2 1/2 tsp)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)

DIRECTIONS

  1. Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. Spread out on a large pizza pan. Top as desired.
  2. Bake at 375 degrees C (190 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
The following day I even made breadsticks with the same recipe. In between conference sessions I made them so that we could enjoy them while watching the next session. This is now a favourite recipe that will be used over and over again.

No comments: